Computer Systems and Networks
(PC Maintenance 1)
This course gives students the practical skills necessary for a career in the I.T. industry. This course is run in conjunction with F.I.T. (Fastrack to Information Technology), who provide supports such as Mock Interviews and a Company visit to students during the year.
One year, full time.
- Computer Systems Hardware (5N0548)
- Operating Systems (5N2928)
- Networking Essentials (5N2929)
- Communications (5N0690)
- Work Experience (5N1356)
- Mobile Technologies (5N0580)
- Programming and Design Principles (5N2927)
- Maths for Information Technology (5N18396)
NFQ Level 5 award made by QQI (5M17814 Computer Systems and Networks)
Students may find employment in the I.T. industry. On completion of this course, participants can progress to a second year of VTOS at Greenhills College and gain a QQI Level 6 qualification as well as a Comptia A+ qualification. Progress to Third Level via the Higher Education Links Scheme is also an option.