Social Care (Level 5)
This course gives students the skills necessary to work in the area of Social Care. It also allow progression to further study through the Higher Education Links Scheme.
One year, full time.
- Safety and Health at Work (5N1794)
- Social Studies (5N1370)
- Human Growth and Development (5N1279)
- Intercultural Studies (5N0765)
- Behavioural Studies (5N1351)
- Family Studies (5N4466)
- Legal Practice and Procedures (5N1394)
- Work Experience (5N1356)
- Communications (5N0690)
NFQ Level 5 award made by QQI (5M4468 Community Health Services)
Students may progress to Third Level courses through the Higher Education Links Scheme or may find employment in the Social Care area. Third level options include DIT Social Care DT571 and ITT Social Care Practice TA025.