This course provides students with a qualification in Childcare which includes Special Needs Assistant.
One year, full time.
- Early Care and Education Practice (5N1770)
- Early Childhood Education and Play (5N1773)
- Child Health and Well Being (5N1765)
- Creative Arts for Early Childhood (5N1769)
- Child Development (5N1764)
- Special Needs Assisting (5N1786)
- Work Experience (5N1356)
- Communications (5N0690 )
NFQ Level 5 award made by QQI (5M2009 Early Childhood Care and Education)
This course prepares students for work in the area of childcare as a childcare worker in a crèche or as a childminder as well as employment as a Special Needs Assistant/Inclusion Support Assistant in a Primary or Second-level school.
Third Level Progression:
- This course allows progression to a large number of Degrees in Maynooth University including Early Childhood Teaching MH801.
- There are numerous Degrees that allow progression in UCD including Social Policy DN750 and Psychology DN720.
- Students may also apply for progression to DCU to study Early Childhood Education or Social Care Practice TA025 in IT Tallaght.
- DIT accept this course on their Early Childhood Education DT572 and Social Care DT571 programmes.
There are many more opportunities for college progression.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.
- Leaving Certificate, Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme, Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme, QQI Level 4 or equivalent.
- Work/life experience is acceptable for mature students.
Students should be 16 years or over at the start of the course.