This course provides students with the Level 5 certificate which is required to work in the Childcare sector.
One year, full time.
- Professional Practice Placements in Early Learning and Care (25 Credits)
- Children’s Rights, Legislation and Regulation (15 Credits)
- Early Childhood Growth and Development (25 Credits)
- Curriculum, Play and Creative Studies (25 Credits)
- Understanding and Assisting Children with Additional Needs (15 Credits)
- Holistic Care of Children (Birth to Six Years) (15 Credits)
- Special Needs Assisting (5N1786)
NFQ Level 5 award made by QQI in Early Learning and Care (120 FET credits) (subject to validation).
This course prepares students for work in the area of childcare as a childcare worker in a crèche or as a childminder as well as employment as a Special Needs Assistant in a Primary or Second-level school.
Third Level Progression:
- This course allows progression to a large number of Degrees in Maynooth University including Early Childhood Teaching MH801.
- There are numerous Degrees that allow progression in UCD including Social Policy DN750 and Psychology DN720.
- Students may also apply for progression to DCU to study Early Childhood Education or Social Care Practice TA025 in IT Tallaght.
- DIT accept this course on their Early Childhood Education DT572 and Social Care DT571 programmes.
There are many more opportunities for college progression.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.
- Leaving Certificate, Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme, Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme, QQI Level 4 or equivalent.
- Work/life experience is acceptable for mature students.
Students should be 16 years or over at the start of the course.