This course offers a full award in Childcare over two years. After one year, students will receive a certificate of modules covered. The course is suited to those intending to work with children. It also includes Special Need Assistant training.
Two years part-time for the full award.
Students will receive a component certificate at the end of the first year.
- Professional Practice Placements in Early Learning and Care (25 Credits)
- Children’s Rights, Legislation and Regulation (15 Credits)
- Understanding and Assisting Children with Additional Needs (15 Credits)
- Holistic Care of Children (Birth to Six Years) (15 Credits)
- Early Childhood Growth and Development (25 Credits)
- Curriculum, Play and Creative Studies (25 Credits)
- Special Needs Assisting (5N1786)
NFQ Level 5 certificate in Early Learning and Care 120 FET credits
Students may find employment in a variety of Childcare settings or in a Primary or Second-level school as a Special Needs Assistant.
Third Level Progression:
This course allows progression to a number of courses:
- There are numerous degrees that allow progression in UCD including Social Policy DN750 and Psychology DN720.
- Students may also apply for progression to Social Care Practice TA025 in IT Tallaght
- DIT accept this course on their Early Childhood Education DT572 and Social Care DT571
Please contact email@example.com with any queries.
- Leaving Certificate, Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme, Leaving Certificate Applied Programme, QQI Level 4 or equivalent.
- Work/life experience is acceptable for mature students.
- Students should be 16 years or over at the start of the course.
- B2+ competence in English for applicants whose first language is not English.