This course offers a full award in Childcare over two years. After the first year, students will receive a certificate of modules covered. The course is suited to those intending to work with children. It also includes Special Need Assistant training.
Two years part-time (mornings) for the full award.
Students will receive a QQI component certificate at the end of the first year.
- NEarly Care and Education Practice
- Early Childhood Education and Play
- Work Experience
- Special Needs Assisting
- Child Development
- Child Health and Well Being
- Creative Arts for Early Childhood
NFQ Level 6 award made by QQI 5M2009 Early Childhood Care and Education.
Students may find employment in a variety of Childcare settings or in a Primary or Second-level school as a Special Needs Assistant.
Third Level Progression:
This course allows progression to a reduced number of courses as it is spread over multiple years.
- There are numerous degrees that allow progression in UCD including Social Policy DN750 and Psychology DN720.
- Students may also apply for progression to Social Care Practice TA025 in IT Tallaght
- DIT accept this course on their Early Childhood Education DT572 and Social Care DT571
Please contact email@example.com with any queries.
- Leaving Certificate, Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme, Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme, QQI Level 4 or equivalent.
- Work/life experience is acceptable for mature students.
- Students should be 16 years or over at the start of the course.