This course provides a foundation for students who wish to pursue further studies in Engineering at Third Level.
One year, full time.
- Engineering Workshop Theory (5N2136)
- Engineering Workshop Processes (5N1608)
- Computer Aided Draughting (5N1604 )
- Physics (5N1460 )
- Work Experience (5N1356)
- Electronics* (5N1606*)
- Materials Science (5N1637)
- Mechanics (5N1638)
- Mathematics (5N1833)
- Communications (5N0690)
*The Electronics Module will be held one afternoon per week in I.T. Tallaght.
NFQ Level 5 award made by QQI 5M2061 Engineering Technology
Successful students may wish to progress to further studies at Third Level or seek employment in the Engineering industry.
Third Level Progression
Engineering allows wide progression into numerous Engineering related degrees at Third Level.
- IT Tallaght accept this course for all its Engineering and Computing related courses including Electronic Engineering TA221, Mechanical Engineering TA222, Automaton Engineering TA225 and Engineering Software TA226.
- DIT have over 20 courses that allow progression from this award including Engineering DT097, Product Design DT001, Transport Operations and Technology DT028.
- Maynooth University accept this course for study on Robotics and Intelligent Devices MH306 and Product Design MH305.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.
- Leaving Certificate, Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme, Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme, QQI Level 4 or equivalent.
- Work/life experience is acceptable for mature students.
- Students should be 16 years or over at the start of the course.