This is a foundation course for students who wish to pursue a career in the nursing profession.
One year, full time.
- Nursing Theory and Practice 5N4325
- Anatomy and Physiology 5N0749
- Human Growth and Development 5N1279
- Social Studies 5N1370
- Mathematics (Optional) 5N1833
- Care Provision and Practice 5N2705
- Safety and Health at Work 5N1794
- Work Experience 5N1356
- Communications 5N0690
NFQ Level 5 award made by QQI 5M4349 Nursing Studies
Students may find employment in the healthcare area as this course is also recognised as a qualification for working in the Healthcare Sector.
Third Level Progression
- Nursing Studies is a recognised QQI Award for progression to all CAO Nursing Degrees in all Higher Education Institutions in Ireland. Colleges typically reserve 10% of places for QQI students which results in strong competition for a limited number of places. For further information please see http://www2.cao.ie/fetac/FETACNursingQuota.pdf
- Additionally students may progress to study Nursing in the UK by applying through UCAS. The optional Maths module must be taken for UCAS application.
Other courses that link into this award include:
- Social Care Practice TA025 in IT Tallaght
- Early Childhood Care TA024 in IT Tallaght
- Applied Social Studies BN107 in IT Blanchardstown
- Community and Youth Development BN105 in IT Blanchardstown
- Pharmacy Technician Studies DT425 DIT
- Social Care DT571 in DIT
There are many more opportunities for college progression.
Please contact email@example.com with any queries.
- Leaving Certificate, Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme, Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme, QQI Level 4 or equivalent.
- Work/life experience is acceptable for mature students.
- Students should be 16 years or over at the start of the course.