This course gives students the skills necessary to work as Healthcare Assistants in a variety of healthcare settings or to progress to further study through the Higher Education Links Scheme.
Two years, part time.
Students will receive a QQI component certificate at the end of the first year.
- Safety and Health at Work (5N1794)
- Communications (5N0690)
- Palliative Care Support(5N3769)
- Nutrition (5N2006)
Modules for 2023 to 2024
- Care of the Older Person (5N2706)
- Care Skills (5N2770)
- Care Support (5N0758)
- Work Experience (5N1356)
NFQ Level 5 award made by QQI 5M4339 Healthcare Support
Students may find employment as Healthcare Assistants in a variety of settings (hospitals, nursing homes, residential homes, day-care centres or in client’s own homes).
Third Level Progression
- Social Care Practice TA025 in IT Tallaght
- Early Childhood Care TA024 in IT Tallaght
- Applied Social Studies BN107 in IT Blanchardstown
- Community and Youth Development BN105 in IT Blanchardstown
There are many more opportunities for college progression
Please contact email@example.com with any queries.
- Leaving Certificate, Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme, Leaving Certificate Applied Programme, QQI Level 4 or equivalent.
- Work/life experience is acceptable for mature students.
- Students should be 16 years or over at the start of the course.