This course prepares students for entrance into Arts courses at Third Level and includes modules in language, psychology and education.
One year, full time.
- Psychology (5N0754 )
- Political Studies (5N1837)
- Local History Studies (5N1296)
- Concepts in Education and Training (5N3631)
- Work Experience (5N1356)
- French (5N1623)
- European Studies (5N1444)
- Word Processing (5N1358)
- Communications (5N0690)
NFQ Level 5 award made by QQI 5M2073 Language and European Studies
Whilst students may find employment in administration, international trade, this course is aimed at who wish to progress to Third Level.
Third Level Progression
Pre University Arts is one of the most widely recognised QQI awards as it links into nearly all Arts & Humanities courses in all Higher Education Institutions in Ireland through CAO.
- UCD allow progression into Arts DN520, Psychology DN720 and Humanities DN530.
- Maynooth University accept this course for study on their degree programmes including Arts MH101, LLB Law MH501, LawMH500 and Social Science MH107.
- DCU have over 10 degree courses that follow after this QQI award including Arts DC009, Post Primary Teaching Religion and English DC010, Post Primary Teaching Religion and History DC011, and Post Primary Teaching Religion and Music DC012.
Please contact email@example.com with any queries.
- Leaving Certificate, Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme, Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme, QQI Level 4 or equivalent.
- Work/life experience is acceptable for mature students.
- Students should be 16 years or over at the start of the course.