This course gives students a broad base in Science with a wide range of Science related modules covered. It includes Nutrition for those students who may be interested in this area.
One year, full time.
- Laboratory Skills (5N2751)
- Biology (5N2746)
- Chemistry (5N2747)
- Physics (5N1460 )
- Mathematics (5N1833)
- Nutrition (5N2006)
- Communications (5N0690)
- Work Experience (5N1356)
NFQ Level 5 award made by QQI 5M3807 Laboratory Techniques
Students can progress to any of a wide variety of Science courses at Third Level or seek employment in Science related areas.
Third Level Progression
Pre University Science is one of the most widely recognised QQI awards as it links into nearly all Science courses in all Higher Education Institutions in Ireland through CAO.
- Trinity College accept this course for entry into Biological and Biomedical Sciences TR060, Chemical Sciences TR061, Physical Sciences TR063 and Geography and Geological Sciences TR062.
- UCD allow progression into Science DN200 and Food Science DN261.
- TU Dublin- Grangegorman accept this award for over 20 of its degrees including Science TU755, Food Management and Entrepreneurship TU644, Food Science and Management TU645 and Nutraceuticals in Health and Nutrition TU882.
- TU Dublin- Tallaght accept this award for ALL science related degrees including DNA and Forensic Analysis TU752 and Pharmaceutical Science TU763.
- Other Institutions such as Maynooth University and DCU also accept this award into a significant number of Degrees including Science Education DC203.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.
There are many more opportunities for college progression.
- Leaving Certificate, Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme, Leaving Certificate Applied Programme, QQI Level 4 or equivalent.
- Work/life experience is acceptable for mature students.
- Students should be 16 years or over at the start of the course.