This course gives students a broad base in Science with a wide range of modules covered. It includes Animal Anatomy and Physiology for those students who may be interested in applying to Veterinary Nursing.
One year, full time.
- Laboratory Skills (5N2751)
- Biology (5N2746)
- Chemistry (5N2747)
- Physics (5N1460)
- Communications (5N0690)
- Animal Anatomy and Physiology (5N0749 )
- Mathematics (5N1833)
- Word Processing (5N1358)
- Work Experience (5N1356)
NFQ Level 5 award made by QQI 5M3807 Laboratory Techniques
Students may wish to progress to Science courses, including Veterinary Nursing in UCD at Third Level or seek employment in Science related areas.
Third Level Progression
Pre University Science is one of the most widely recognised QQI awards as it links into nearly all Science courses in all Higher Education Institutions in Ireland through CAO.
- Trinity College accept this course for entry into Biological and Biomedical Sciences TR060, Chemical Sciences TR061, Physical Sciences TR063 and Geography and Geological Sciences TR062.
- UCD allow progression into Science DN200, Veterinary Nursing DN310 and Food Science DN261.
- DIT accept this award for over 20 of its degrees including Science DT201 and DT212, Physics with Energy and Environment DT221 and Science with Nanotechnology DT227.
- IT Tallaght accept this award for ALL 3 science related degrees in ITT including DNA and Forensics Analysis TA326 and Pharmaceutical Science TA321.
- Other Institutions such as Maynooth University and DCU also accept this award into a significant number of Degrees including Science Education DC203.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.
- Leaving Certificate, Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme, Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme, QQI Level 4 or equivalent.
- Work/life experience is acceptable for mature students.
- Students should be 16 years or over at the start of the course.