This course combines Sports and Science for those who wish to pursue careers in either area or in Sports Science.
One year, full time.
- Laboratory Skills (5N2751)
- Biology (5N2746)
- Chemistry (5N2747)
- Physics (5N1460 )
- Mathematics (5N1833)
- Exercise and Fitness (5N2668)
- Leisure Facility Administration (5N4666)
- Nutrition (5N2006)
- Communications (5N0690)
- Work Experience (5N1356)
NFQ Level 5 award made by QQI 5M3807 Laboratory Techniques
Whilst students can find employment in the Sports and Leisure industry, please note that this course is specifically aimed at Third Level Progression and therefore has a majority component of Science rather than fitness.
Third Level Progression
Whilst this course is targeted at students who are interested in studying Sports Science at Third Levels, it is also eligible for a significant number of degrees relating to Science.
- DCU accept this course for progression into Sport Science and Health DC202 and Science Education DC200.
- IT Tallaght accept this course for ALL science related degrees including Sports Science and Health TA327.
- Students may choose to study BN111 Sports Management and Coaching in IT Blanchardstown
- Leaving Certificate, Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme, Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme, QQI Level 4 or equivalent.
- Work/life experience is acceptable for mature students.
- Students should be 16 years or over at the start of the course.