School Completion Programme
The School Completion Programme (SCP) is a targeted programme of support young people who have been identified as potentially at risk of early school leaving or who are out of school. It is a support under the Delivering Equality of Opportunity in Schools (DEIS) Programme, funded by Tusla Education Support Services (TESS). SCP aims to retain a young person to completion of the leaving certificate, equivalent qualification or suitable level of educational attainment which enables them to transition into further education, training or employment. This aim is achieved in a number of ways using a range of innovative and creative ideas.
The SCP is one of three strands of Tusla Education Support Service (tess) including the Home School Community Liaison (HSCL) Scheme and the Educational Welfare Service. All three strands share the same national outcomes:
- Improved Attendance
- Improved Participation
- Improved Retention
Who is the SCP For?
The SCP Programme is a programme to support young people who are at risk of early school leaving and students of school going age who are not currently attending school.
The School Completion Programme running in Greenhills Community College has a wide range of projects running in both school and after school.
After School Programmes
- Guitar Club
- Drumming Club
In School Supports
- Breakfast Club
- Cooking Club
- Lego Club
- Holiday Supports
- Summer Programme
- Transition Programme for 1st Years
- Mentoring Programme
- Friendship First Anti Bullying Programme
- Art Therapy
- Needs Based One-to-One and Small Group Support
Out of School Supports
- SCP staff work closely with families and young people to identify and meet the needs required for the young person to re-engage with school.
- SCP staff work closely with Education Welfare Officer and Home School Community Liaison to meet the needs of out of school students or students with school refusal behaviour.
- SCP work closely with school care teams and management to advocate and support young people with positive and successful re-engagement to school.
Greenhills School Completion Programme Co-ordinator: Eleanor McWey
Phone Number: 087 622 9020