This course gives students the skills necessary to work in the area of Social Care. It also allows progression to further study through the Higher Education Links Scheme.
One year, full time.
- Social Studies (5N1370)
- Safety and Health at Work (5N1794)
- Human Growth and Development (5N1279)
- Intercultural Studies (5N0765)
- Family Studies (5N4466)
- Psychology (5N0754)
- Work Experience (5N1356)
- Communications (5N0690)
NFQ Level 5 award made by QQI (5M4468 Community Health Services)
Students may find employment in the Social Care area or may progress to Third Level courses through the Higher Education Links Scheme.
Third Level Progression
Students have a wide range of options for study at Third Level Education on successful completion of this course.
This course allows progression to:
- UCD Psychology DN720, Arts DN520, Humanities DN530, Law DN600, Business and Law DN610, Social Sciences DN700, Social Policy and Sociology DN750.
- Maynooth University Arts MH101, Social Science MH107.
- Progression is also possible to DCU Arts DC009.
- IT Tallaght Social Care TA025.
- DIT Social Care DT571.
There are many more opportunities for college progression.
Please contact email@example.com with any queries.
- Leaving Certificate, Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme, Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme, QQI Level 4 or equivalent.
- Work/life experience is acceptable for mature students.
- Students should be 16 years or over at the start of the course.