This course prepares students for further study in the area of Computers and Games Design.
One year, full time.
- Games Analysis and Design (5N1651)
- Web Authoring (5N1910)
- Software Architecture (5N2772)
- Maths for Information Technology (5N18396)
- Fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming (5N0541)
- Mobile Technologies (5N0580)
- Work Experience (5N1356)
- Communications (5N0690)
NFQ Level 5 award made by QQI 5M0529 Software Development
Students may wish to undertake further study in this area or gain employment in the IT field.
Third Level Progression:
Software Development with Games Design allows wide progression into numerous Computing related degrees at Third Level. These include:
- TU Dublin- Tallaght accept this course for all its Computing and Engineering related courses including Computing TU756.
- TU Dublin- Grangegorman offer a range of courses that follow on from this award including Game Design TU984.
- UCD have a degree programme Computer Science DN201 which accepts this award.
There are many more options for college progression.
Please contact email@example.com with any queries.
- Leaving Certificate, Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme, Leaving Certificate Applied Programme, QQI Level 4 or equivalent.
- Work/life experience is acceptable for mature students.
- Students should be 16 years or over at the start of the course.