This course offers a Level 6 qualification in Childcare. It also includes a Special Needs Assistant Module.
One year, full time.
- Advanced Professional Practice Placement in Early Learning and Care (25 credits)
- Sociology and Social Policy in Early Learning and Care (15 credits)
- The Developing Child (20 credits)
- Curriculum and Pedagogy (20 credits)
- Inclusive Early Learning and Care (15 credits)
- Supervision and Administration in Early Learning and Care (25 credits)
- Special Needs Assisting (6N1957)
NFQ Level 6 Certificate in Early Learning and Care 120 FET credits
This course gives students the skills necessary to take up employment in the Childcare sector in a supervisory or managerial nature, or as a Special Needs Assistant/Inclusion Support Assistant in a Primary or Second-level school.
- This course is particularly attractive to perspective employers as in a crèche setting the level 6 qualification allows you to become the room leader who will be responsible for the day to day running of their room.
Third Level Progression:
This course allows progression to a large number of Degrees in Maynooth University including Early Childhood Teaching MH801.
- There are numerous Degrees that allow progression in UCD including Social Policy DN750 and Psychology DN720.
- Students may also apply for progression to DCU to study Early Childhood Education or Social Care Practice TA025 in IT Tallaght.
- DIT accept this course on their Early Childhood Education DT572 and Social Care DT571 programmes.
There are many more opportunities for college progression.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.
- Applicants to this Level 6 award should already hold a Level 5 or equivalent award.
- Students should be 16 years or over at the start of the course.
- B2+ competence in English for applicants whose first language is not English.