Part-Time Pharmacy Assistant (Level 5)
The course is suited to those intending to work in a pharmacy as a Pharmacy Assistant or in a health food store as a Sales Assistant. There are also opportunities to progress to studies at Third Level.
Two years part-time for the full award. Students will receive a component certificate at the end of the first year.
- Nutrition 5N2006
- Word Processing 5N1358
- Medical Terminology 5N2428
- Communications 5N0690
- Anatomy & Physiology 5N0749
- Work Experience 5N1356
- Social Studies 5N1370
- Retail Selling 5N1619
NFQ Level 5 award made by QQI Community Health Services (5M4468).
Students may find employment in a pharmacy as a Pharmacy Assistant or in a health food store as a Sales Assistant.
Third Level Progression
This course allows progression to a number of courses including:
- Pharmacy Technician TU654, Pharmaceutical Science TU876 and Applied Social Care TU997 in TU Dublin-Tallaght.
- TU Dublin- City Centre Campus accept this course on many courses including Visual Merchandising and Display TU795 and Social Care TU996.
- A number of degrees in UCD accept this award including Humanities DN530, Social Sciences DN700, Psychology DN720 and Social Policy and Sociology DN750.
- Applied Social Studies in Social Care TU791 and Community and Youth Development TU792 in TU Dublin- Blanchardstown
Please contact email@example.com with any queries.
- Leaving Certificate, Leaving Certificate Applied Programme, QQI Level 4 full major award or equivalent.
- Work/life experience may be acceptable for mature students.
- Students should be 17 years or over at the start of the course.
- Aptitude: Applicants must have a motivation to learn, an interest in the subject area and the ability to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies set out in the course.
- CEFR B1 or higher competence in English for candidates whose first language is not English.
- Garda vetting clearance is required for all students taking this course.
For details on our fees, please click here.