Social Care with Psychology (Level 5)
This course gives students the skills necessary to work in the area of Social Care. It also allows progression to further study through the Higher Education Links Scheme.
One year, full time.
- Social Studies 5N1370
- Communications 5N0690
- Family Studies 5N4466
- Human Growth and Development 5N1279
- Intercultural Studies 5N0765
- Psychology 5N0754
- Safety and Health at Work 5N1794
- Work Experience 5N1356
NFQ Level 5 award made by QQI Community Health Services 5M4468
Students may find employment in the Social Care area or may progress to Third Level courses through the Higher Education Links Scheme.
Third Level Progression
Students have a wide range of options for study at Third Level Education on successful completion of this course.
This course allows progression to:
- UCD: Psychology DN720, Arts DN520, Humanities DN530, Law DN600, Social Sciences DN700, Social Policy and Sociology DN750
- Maynooth University: Arts MH101 and Social Science MH107.
- DCU: Health and Society DC209, Education- Early Childhood Education DC001 and Post Primary Teacher Education- RE and English DC010.
- Applied Social Care TU997 in TU Dublin-Tallaght
- Social Care TU996 and Early Childhood Education TU995 in TU Dublin- City Centre Campus
- Applied Social Studies in Social Care TU991 and Community Development and Youthwork TU992 in TU Dublin- Blanchardstown.
There are many more opportunities for college progression.
Please contact email@example.com with any queries.
- Leaving Certificate, Leaving Certificate Applied Programme, QQI Level 4 full major award or equivalent.
- Work/life experience may be acceptable for mature students.
- Students should be 16 years old or over at the start of the course.
- Aptitude: Applicants must have a motivation to learn, an interest in the subject area and the ability to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies set out in the course.
- Competent written and spoken English (CEFR B1 or higher).
- Garda vetting clearance is required for all students taking this course.
For details on our fees, please click here.
I knew that the career path that I wanted to pursue was to be a social worker. I did some research on which route would be best to take. Every avenue I researched brought me right back to the Level 5 Social Care and Psychology course in Greenhills College as the best starting point and a gateway to progress my studies further in any University that had a Social Care Course. I had heard from past students of their time in Greenhills College, and this gave me the confidence that I had made the right choice. I have gone on to do my degree in Applied Social Care at TU Dublin. I am really enjoying my course and feel Greenhills College taught me everything I needed to learn to go on and do my degree with confidence.
Lisa Munnelly (Class of 2020). Progressed to study Applied Social Care at TU Dublin.