Pre-University Sports Science (Level 5)
This course combines Sports and Science for those who wish to pursue careers in either Science or Sports Science.
One year, full-time
- Biology 5N2746
- Chemistry 5N2747
- Communications 5N0690
- Exercise and Fitness 5N2668
- Laboratory Skills 5N2751
- Leisure Facility Administration 5N4666
- Mathematics 5N1833
- Nutrition 5N2006
- Physics 5N1460
- Work Experience 5N1356
NFQ Level 5 award made by QQI 5M3807 Laboratory Techniques
Whilst students can find employment in the Sports and Leisure industry, please note that this course is specifically aimed at Third Level Progression and therefore has a majority component of Science modules.
Third Level Progression
- DCU accept this course for progression into Sport Science and Health DC202, Science Education DC203, Athletic Therapy and Training DC204, Physical Education with Biology DC205 and Physical Education with Mathematics DC206,
- TU Dublin- Tallaght accept this course for ALL science related degrees including Sports Science and Health TU736 & TU936 and Sports Studies TU737.
- Students may choose to study Sports Management and Coaching TU735 & TU935 in TU Dublin- Blanchardstown.
- Leaving Certificate, Leaving Certificate Applied Programme, QQI Level 4 full major award or equivalent.
- Work/life experience may be acceptable for mature students.
- Students should be 17 years or over at the start of the course.
- Aptitude: Applicants must have a motivation to learn, an interest in the subject area and the ability to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies set out in the course.
- Competent written and spoken English (CEFR B1 or higher).
For details on our fees, please click here.
I would absolutely recommend doing a course in Greenhills College to somebody, whether they are unsure of what they want to do after the Leaving Cert. or if they just need a different learning environment in which to grow and mature.I found myself engaging with the work more than I would have in the Leaving Cert, as it was the subjects and course I had chosen.
Shane Kearns. Progressed to study Nutrition at Atlantic Technological University.
The support from teachers and the Guidance Department was excellent as everyone there is very helpful and understanding.
Rory Tuke. Progressed to study Psychology at UCD.
The friendly teachers and staff made the experience so much easier and enjoyable. The support was brilliant and the student were all lovely. I have always been very shy but this course really helped me stepped out of my shell. Greenhills College is a great environment for learning and to make friends with student with similar targets in life.
Kian Domican. Sports Science in TUD Tallaght.