We, in Greenhills Community College, are committed to providing a comprehensive integrated education that will enable each individual to fulfil his potential in a positive, caring, respectful, learning environment where skills and attitudes for life-long learning are developed. We promote equality, innovation and partnership in the delivery of our services.
Aims and Objectives
- To foster the growth of the students of the College morally, spiritually, socially, academically, emotionally and physically regardless of their social background, education achievements or intellectual ability.
- To educate students from all beliefs and cultural backgrounds.
- To provide a comprehensive curriculum to assist each student to make the most of their talents, skills and abilities.
- To operate the College as a partnership between the staff, students, parents and the wider community in accordance with the Education Act 1998 and the Education Welfare Act 2000.
- We aim to establish an inclusive work environment free from discrimination in accordance with the Equal Status Act 2000.
Greenhills Community College, an all-boys second-level school, was opened in 1970 to serve the developing area of Southwest Dublin. The college seeks to stimulate and foster the physical, intellectual, moral, emotional and spiritual growth of the students. Parents who choose Greenhills Community College as a second-level school for their children do so in the knowledge that the college will value each student for his own personal gifts. Today the college is up-to-date and is well equipped to meet the challenge of preparing our young people for a successful future. The college is multi-denominational and welcomes students from all religious and cultural backgrounds.
Board of Management
- Three nominees of Dublin & Dun Laoghaire Education & Training Board
- Two parent representatives
- Two teacher representatives
- Three Community representatives
- The College Principal acts as Secretary to the Board
Current Management Structure
- Principal: Ms. Noirin Lannon
- Deputy Principal: Ms. Geraldine Leahy
- Assistant Principals:
- Ms. Regina Beirne
- Ms. Margaret Brosnan
- Ms. Mary McMahon
- Ms. Paula Needham
- Mr. Ciaran Stone
- Mr Tadhg Farrelly